5.17.2007

key of R - top 5 best albums of recorded history (ever)

That's right I'm once again imposing my musical elitist opinion on the void. Revel in your unknowingly lacking existence and rejoice that you have been freed. Go, buy these 5 (I mean 6......I couldn't bear to leave Linford out of the list) albums right away.

5. Linford Detweiler - Unspoken Requests
5. Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
4. Damien Rice - O
3. Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
2. Johnny Cash - American 5: A Hundred Highways
1. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

[addendum]:
Since Wilco holds the #1 slot I thought I'd also drop a line about their great new album out entitled "Sky Blue Sky". I would also highly recommend the special CD/DVD version which shows the band in the studio recording the album. This cd is very layered & dense musically which isn't readily apparent on the first couple listens but, you visually can see this on the DVD. Tracks to pay attention to, in my opinion, are "Impossible Germany", "Walken", & "Shake It Off". Check it out.
Enjoy & I'd love to know what your top 5 (6) list would include.

3 comments:

tr said...

i'm still putting my list together... it's not something to be jumped into lightly so i'm giving it great thought and consideration... will post my results shortly

tr said...

i am now going to attempt my list... i've decided that the albums that i have spent the most time listening to/kept spinning in the cd player are the ones i am listing as my top 5... perhaps not the best way to go about this, but it's a way...

5 - Derek Webb - She Must and Shall Go Free
4 - Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
3 - Coldplay - X&Y
2 - Jack Johnson - Brushfire Fairytales (On & On is good too)
1 - Ben Harper - Burn to Shine (The Will To Live could work too... or Fight For Your Mind)

If you ask me next week what my top 5 is, it'll probably change completely...

rachel said...

5 - Josh Garrels
4 - Jeff Tweedy
3 - Over the Rhine - Ohio
2 - The Counting Crows - Recovering the Satalite
1 - The Who - Who's Next

...Okay, so my top 2 have been there for a coon's age, so I can't change them, but 3 - 5 may someday change. ...but maybe not, they're pretty awesome. ..Anywho - so you made a top 5 that includes Lynford, but no Bob Dylan? weird.