5.19.2009

stockholm syndrome

There are bountiful rumblings on the net about Derek Webb's new cd entitled "Stockholm Syndrome". Go here for the latest email's which were sent out on his mailing list over the past two days.

Here is a link to Wikipedia regarding the history/meaning behind the album's title, which I found interesting.

The second e/m from Derek is a jumbled mess with underscores throughout the message which I found odd and sort of Lost-equese. It seems that there is a new website called Paradise is a Parking Lot where "artifacts" can be found and may lead to the tracks of the new album? The progress can be followed as well at a new Twitter account (Derek shut down his last one).

I must say Derek has piqued my interest regarding the controversy of his new album and all the new clues on the web (which however I don't have the patience to play with). One blog states that Derek has a new song he played at a recent show which has the word "sh_t" in the lyrics, perhaps this is the source of the corporate disgruntlement his label is expressing. Go here and here for more in depth reading.

I hope you all stay tuned for more from Derek....I know I will.

Update: good overview of the controversy here as well.

No comments: