7.16.2006

goodbye PHL


Tonight, I sit on the eve of a trans-continental trip from Philadelphia to Washington state. I've recently completed my training as a Physician Assistant and am moving to start my new job as a fledgling PA.
I write this with excitement, apprehension, and sadness all bundled tight in my gut. Tomorrow is the beginning which I have been working towards for the past four years. During that time I have grown fond of my in-law's and bonded with new, now seasoned, friends, both of which will be missed greatly.
I've also learned the pathways and uncovered the "diamonds" of Philadelphia during my downtown excursions. So, I dedicate this post to AKA Music, WXPN, WHYY, Big Jar Books, Chink's Steaks (great cheese steaks, however un-PC the name is), Rita's Water Ice, Philadelphia Pretzel Factory, Pod, El Vez, Fork, Reading Terminal, The Mutter Museum, Philadelphia Art Museum, Tin Angel, The Electric Factory, World Cafe Live, and The Kimmel Center. I leave with philos in my heart!

No comments: